[MlMt] Forward as attachment

Eric A. Meyer eric at meyerweb.com
Mon Jul 29 22:00:30 EDT 2013

At 21:41 +0200 7/29/13, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

>I don't think MailMate has changed behavior, but the current
>behavior is not as good as I would like it to be. In certain cases
>MailMate enforces forwarding as an attachment, because MailMate
>determines that it cannot safely convert the message to plain text.
>This should at least involve some kind of warning allowing the user
>to force MailMate to try plain text forwarding if I cannot come up
>with something better. It's on the todo.

    Weird.  In this case, the messages is hardly anything but text,
albeit styled text (in the HTML view) with an attached image of the
company logo.  Let me know if you want a copy (as an attachment,
obviously).

>I'm not sure about this, but you might be able to get closer to what
>you want by selecting the text before forwarding (with the "Only
>include selected text" setting in the Composer preferences pane).

    Nope, it still forwarded as attachment.  I can copy-and-paste into
a new messages, it's not a huge deal, but I thought maybe I was
missing a way to force it like you say.  At least I know it's on the
todo!

>Off topic: I'm currently on semi-vacation (expect slow feedback
>answers), but adventurous users are welcome to try out the latest
>test version of MailMate. Hold down  when clicking "Check Now" in
>the Software Update preferences pane (r3588). It includes a first
>shot at an implementation of Rules and completely (and therefore
>useless) undocumented support for scripts. Read the release notes to
>see how to enable these features.

    Intensely salivating now, especially over scripts...

--
Eric A. Meyer (eric at meyerweb.com)     http://meyerweb.com/