[MlMt] Forward as attachment

Mon Jul 29 15:41:35 EDT 2013

On 29 Jul 2013, at 21:11, Eric A. Meyer wrote:

> I seem to have somehow flipped a flag so that all forwards are sent as
> attachments-- whether I select the "Forward" or "Forward as
> Attachment" menu items with my mouse, or use the keyboard shortcut for
> plain old "Forward", it's always forwarded as an attachment. This is
> happening with a message that is multipart, and appears to have both
> plain-text and HTML parts.

I don't think MailMate has changed behavior, but the current behavior is
not as good as I would like it to be. In certain cases MailMate enforces
forwarding as an attachment, because MailMate determines that it cannot
safely convert the message to plain text. This should at least involve
some kind of warning allowing the user to force MailMate to try plain
text forwarding if I cannot come up with something better. It's on the
todo.

> Can anyone tell me how to actually forward the text part?

I'm not sure about this, but you might be able to get closer to what you
want by selecting the text before forwarding (with the “Only include
selected text” setting in the Composer preferences pane).

Off topic: I'm currently on semi-vacation (expect slow feedback
answers), but adventurous users are welcome to try out the latest test
version of MailMate. Hold down ⌥ when clicking “Check Now” in the
Software Update preferences pane (r3588). It includes a first shot at an
implementation of Rules and completely (and therefore useless)
undocumented support for scripts. Read the release notes to see how to
enable these features.