[MlMt] GPG passphrase issue

Fri Jul 26 15:27:02 EDT 2013

On 26 Jul 2013, at 18:30, Christopher LILJENSTOLPE wrote:

> 	I am using GPG signatures, and, occasionally, I will fat-finger my
> pass phrase 3 times in a row (it's usually just once or many).
> However, after three times, and you get the "invalid pass phrase"
> error, I can't re-send without unchecking the GPG signature button,
> and then re-selecting it.  It would be nice if the send attempt just
> failed, and then allow for a click of the send-message button would
> re-attempt.

MailMate does not try to re-sign the message since it wasn't changed. I
think a simple change of the body would also trigger a re-attempt (you
can test that if you like). I guess the fix is to mark the message as
edited whenever re-editing a message with failed signing/encryption.
Noted.

> 	It would also be good if you could have GPG sign automatically if a
> private key exists, and no sign otherwise (GPGPlugin on Mail.app does
> that).  I have some sending addresses that have a key, and others that
> don't.  I would like the selection of GPG signatures to be automatic
> based on the existence of the key.

I also have a request for MailMate to more intelligently choose to
sign/encrypt when replying to a signed/encrypted message. I'll keep the
above in mind when looking into that.