[MlMt] submailboxes display format

Tue Jul 9 15:44:39 EDT 2013

On 9 Jul 2013, at 20:59, Alexandre Takacs wrote:

> It would seem that the sub mailbox feature allows for some custom
> format to be applied on the auto generated sub mailbox name.

That is true.

> What is the syntax here ? For instance if I want to keep only the 10
> first characters would it be possible ? Maybe some GREPing ?

The [documentation](http://manual.mailmate-app.com/format_string_syntax)
is *very* brief. You need the regexp replacement method.

To be honest I am no regexp-ninja. At least it always seems that there
is a simpler solution than the one I first think of :-) Something like
this should work:

	${from.name/(.{10}).*/$1/}

It tries to match the first 10 characters and if it succeeds then they
are used as the resulting string. Otherwise the input string is used
(which is shorter than 10 characters).

This can be combined with the other format string methods.