[MlMt] Keybinding selects - master list?

Mon Jan 28 23:26:27 UTC 2013

On 28 Jan 2013, at 19:04, Ben Beuchler wrote:

>> Is there a master list of all of the various actions/selectors
>> available
>> for use in a keybindings plist?
>>
>> The manual page for custom key bindings is the best resource. At
>> least those
>> are the key bindings I'm committed to supporting in the future.
>
> Unless I'm missing something, that page only contains a dozen or so of
> the bindings.  The others are spread among the example plists, yes?

I count 25 (three locations in the page), but you are right that a lot
of the examples in `Gmail.plist` (and the other plists) are not covered
in the manual. I didn't think it would be that many.

> What I was hoping for was a consolidated master list.
>
> If I was to combine the bindings from the manual page with a de-duped
> list from the example plists, would that list include all available
> bindings?

There are other bindings used internally in MailMate, but they might not
be safe to use. Some key bindings are only mentioned in [the release
notes](http://updates.mailmate-app.com/release_notes). I can see that I
really should make a complete list in the manual :-)

Here is an attempt to collect everything (53 items). Consider it a first
draft for a new page in the manual.

### Navigation

Selector | Argument | Action
---------|----------|-------
nextMessage: | - | Move to next message (expand if necessary)
previousMessage: | - | Move to previous message
nextThread: | - | Move to next thread
previousThread: | - | Move to previous thread
nextUnreadMessage: | - | Move to next unread message (expand if
necessary)
previousUnreadMessage: | - | Move to previous unread message
nextUnreadThread: | - | Move to next unread thread
previousUnreadThread: | - | Move to previous unread thread
expand: | - | Expand selected messages
collapse: | - | Collapse selected messages
expandThread: | - | Expand selected threads
collapseThread: | - | Collapse selected threads
expandAll: | - | Expand all threads
collapseAll: | - | Collapse all threads
scrollPageDown: | - | Scroll one page down
scrollPageUp: | - | Scroll one page up
scrollPageDownOrNextUnreadMessage: | - | Scroll one page down if
possible or skip to next message
makeFirstResponder: | View identifier | Identifiers can be found in
layout files
goToMailbox: | Mailbox UUID (optional) | Select mailbox
searchAllMessages: | - | Initiate search in “All Messages”
mailboxSearch:  | - | Initiate search in currently selected mailbox

### Selection

Selector | Argument | Action
---------|----------|-------
selectAll: | - | Select all messages
deselectAll: | - | Clear selection of messages
moveDownAndModifySelection: | - | Extend selection downwards
moveUpAndModifySelection: | - | Extend selection upwards
selectWithFilter: | Filter string | Select a subset of messages matched
by the filter

### Message actions

Selector | Argument | Action
---------|----------|-------
openMessages: | - |
newMessage: | - |
reply: | - |
replySender: | - |
replyAll: | - |
forwardMessage: | - |
forwardAsAttachment: | - | Forward selected message as an attachment
moveToMailbox: | Mailbox UUID (optional) |
moveThreadToMailbox: | Mailbox UUID | (not fully implemented)
archive: | - | Shorthand for ( 'moveToMailbox:', 'archive' )
moveToJunk: | - | Shorthand for ( 'moveToMailbox:', 'junk' )
deleteMessage: | - | Shorthand for ( 'moveToMailbox:', 'trash' )
toggleTag: | IMAP keyword |
setTag: | IMAP keyword |
removeTag: | IMAP keyword |
toggleReadState: | - | Shorthand for ( 'toggleTag:', '\\Seen' )
toggleFlag: | - | Shorthand for ( 'toggleTag:', '\\Flagged' )
toggleMuteState: | - | Shorthand for ( 'toggleTag:', '$Muted' )
saveAttachments: | - | Display “Save Attachments” panel
saveAttachmentsInDownloads: | - | Save attachments in Downloads folder
undo: | - |
redo: | - |

### Composer

Selector | Argument | Action
---------|----------|-------
saveDocument: | - | Save draft
showContextMenu: | - | Show context sensitive menu (can be used to show
spelling alternatives in the composer)
sendAndArchiveParent: | - | Send message and then archive the replied
message
sendAndMoveParentToMailbox: | Mailbox UUID | Send message and then move
the replied message to the given mailbox
insertFormatString:* | format string | Insert text in composer using a
format string

\* Experimental feature added as an alternative to `insertText:` for key
bindings. Mainly to allow one to do something like `"x" = ( "reply:",
"insertFormatString:", "Hi ${from.name.first},\n\n");`.