[MlMt] Custom widescreen view with thread arcs

Tue Feb 5 08:43:17 UTC 2013

On 5 Feb 2013, at 0:51, Mateusz Parzonka wrote:

>> I've made a custom MailMate layout for Mailboxes view. It modifies
>> the installed widescreen layout by adding a vertical thread arcs view
>> at the right. It has become my standard view which I use on a daily
>> basis.
>>
>> If anyone would like to try it out: I've created a gist with
>> installation instructions: https://gist.github.com/4707302
>
> I've updated the layout description after installing build 3255. The
> initial version of the layout did not work as expected as I
> reinstalled it in MailMates resources. I have now tried it with fresh
> builds 3239 and 3255 where it works. Sorry, if anyone had attempted a
> fruitless effort in the meantime.

Great to see that someone is not afraid of playing around with this (in
spite of my general warnings that I'll change anything anytime :-) ).
But you should change the install instructions to this path:

	~/Library/Application
Support/MailMate/Resources/Layouts/Mailboxes/widescreen_with_thread_arcs.plist

Then it won't be overwritten when you update MailMate. Also note that I
changed the filename to make it a separate Widescreen mode -- otherwise
I think MailMate is going to be confused (I might be wrong).