[MlMt] Ordering of messages in a conversation

Mateusz Parzonka parzonka at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 14:50:22 UTC 2013

On 3 Feb 2013, at 15:27, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

>>> Are you sure it's that weird? To me it looks like headers are simply
>>> not distorted when viewing multiple messages.
>>
>> "Weird" depends on the intention of the distortion mode :-) It is a
>> bonus-feature not found anywhere else, so I don't want to complain
>> about it. I just thought, the intention was GUI-debugging and demoing
>> without revealing private information.
>
> It is. By “weird” I was referring to your description which
> sounded to me like distortion was handled differently for the first
> message than for the other messages.

This was what I ment in fact. :-) I can now describe the behaviour more
detailed: It happens with mails with HTML (aka Content-Type:
multipart/alternative with  text/plain and text/html part). These mails
are not distorted at seems, which make sense to me. If you select
multiple text/plain-mails together with a HTML mail, the concatenation
in the Message View shows the text/plain part of this mail undistorted.
That is was the first mail was just an accident and is irrelevant.

In fact, I don't know if this is really a relevant issue at all, you
decide ;-)

> The headers not being distorted when multiple messages are selected is
> a bug although not a high-priority one.
>
> Oh well, now I fixed it :-)

:-)

--