[MlMt] Button 'Mark as not junk' does not work

Mon Dec 23 10:40:46 EST 2013

On 23 Dec 2013, at 16:31, Bram Heerink wrote:

>> MailMate doesn't learn anything about junk messages unless you use
>> SpamSieve or some other external method (like the Gmail junk folder).
>
> Ok. But if it is not learning anything why does Mailmate it's junk? Or
> has this an external cause?

What you see is probably “Image Blocking”. MailMate defaults to
never showing external images, because they can be used to track your
actions. You can change this in the “Security” preferences pane.

> Ah. I use Zoho.com. I used Gmail for years but the non-compliant imap
> drives me crazy. Zoho has an option to tag mail as junk/non junk.
> Perhaps I could use this in some way.

If Zoho has a mailbox for junk messages then it is likely that moving a
message to this mailbox is going to train the junk filtering on the
server (if such filtering exists). If you set the Mailbox Type of this
mailbox to Junk then you can just move messages to Junk Messages to
train the server-side junk filtering.