[MlMt] Mailmate will not sent messages

Mon Dec 16 07:21:08 EST 2013

On 16 Dec 2013, at 11:59, Jason Davies wrote:

> I've been having similar things happen, erratically. It was flushed
> out when I tried to consolidate my three Sent folders (e.g. iPhone
> apps were using different ones). I copied everything from Sent
> Messages to Sent and then got messages from people saying 'how come I
> got this today? You wrote it a week ago.' My machine regularly has to
> Try Later because requests timed out and it looks like something is
> not working about checking emails have actually been sent.

This does not sound like the same problem that Karl is experiencing.
Maybe it is related to “Try Later”. Based on the code I can see that
it should retry after 15 minutes. If it fails again then this time is
doubled and this continues. If it happens very frequently for you then a
message could be delayed for a very long time. I have now inserted a
maximum of 24 hours, but we can take this discussion off list if you
want to help me examine the problem in more detail.