[MlMt] Resend-Help with a script to create an event from an email

Rob McClure sharkez at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 14:16:05 EST 2013

The approach taken by Apple Mail is when a date is identified, the event
is created with the name of the event = to the email subject, and the
url slot in an event is populated with a url to the mail file. I think
it also takes the first sentence or something like that from the email
and puts it into the notes section (could be wrong on that). Apple mail
does some nice parsing of the date info, looking for time too and if no
time is found, makes it an "all day" event.

To start, it can take the selected email and allow a user to specify a
standard parsing of text -> date/time [12/6/14, 10:15 becomes December
6, 2014 at 10:15 am for the default time of 30 min or so?]. If the user
selects text, that can be assumed to be fed into a date/time parser? Is
there some sort of standard syntax from text to event? Launchbar uses
this
http://www.obdev.at/resources/launchbar/help/index.php?chapter=WorkingWithCalendars