[MlMt] Of possible use to Exchange users

Fri Dec 6 03:43:45 EST 2013

On 5 Dec 2013, at 20:39, Kee Hinckley wrote:

> 2.	Maybe I'm misinterpreting what I'm seeing, but at least on our
> server, the IMAP server seems to be using `Deleted Items` for trash,

At least originally, a standard IMAP server has no concept of a trash
mailbox (this is not quite true anymore, but it is in this case).
MailMate simply tries to guess which mailbox should be used for deleted
messages (or creates “Deleted Messages”).

> and the Exchange clients are using `Trash` for trash. Needless to say,
> that gets confusing. So I went to `Deleted Items`, double clicked,
> went to `Rules`, and added an `Action`.
>
> 	`Move to Mailbox ACCOUNTNAME > Trash`
>
> Now whenever the IMAP server puts things in `Deleted Items`, MailMate
> promptly moves them to the `Trash` folder instead.

If I understand this correctly then you fix should have been to
right-click the “Trash” mailbox of the account (under SOURCES) and
then change its “Mailbox Type” to “Deleted Messages”. This tells
MailMate to move messages to this mailbox when they are deleted.