[MlMt] Page Up and Down Behavior / Next message direction

Tue Dec 3 05:14:38 EST 2013

On 2 Dec 2013, at 18:46, Jacques wrote:

> I'm noticing if you focus on the message panel, you can use page up
> and down to scroll through long emails. When at the end, page down
> changes to 'go to next message' which is fine for me, but page up
> doesn't map to go to previous message.

This is a feature designed to be able to use the “space bar” to
quickly go through messages. It's not for general message navigation.
Actually, the fix is probably to make ⇧-space select the previous
message and make sure neither page up or down behave like this.

> Next thought, message selection direction. As I archive/delete emails,
> there is only one direction that selection goes with MM. In Mail.app
> it picks up from where I've come from, so selection of next message
> after archive/delete goes in either direction (next earlier dated
> message or next later dated message). Makes it smart so to speak.
>
> Can this behavior following be added to MM as well?

Not sure I understand exactly what you mean, but you could try the
hidden preference described
[here](http://manual.mailmate-app.com/hidden_preferences#navigation).