[MlMt] A better search UI

Tue Dec 3 04:50:04 EST 2013

On 2 Dec 2013, at 11:07, rail4you wrote:

> MailMate has a very powerful search system. I like it but I hope there
> will be some improvement to make MailMate better. My suggestion is:

Thanks for the suggestions. The current search interface does not work
as well as I would like it to, especially not using the keyboard. There
is no easy fix and I'm considering various alternative approaches. Don't
expect it soon though.

Just a few comments below.

> I can search almost everything in MailMate search UI. But I must use
> mouse to select item of listbox. I can't use keyboard!!

Just for the record, if you have enabled “Full Keyboard Access” in
System Preferences then it's technically possible, but it's not a lot
better than using the mouse.

> MailMate can save custom search. But custom search converted to a
> smart mailbox. I can't use custom search directly in the search UI. It
> is better MailMate show custom search in a listbox or somewhere easy
> to catch.
> MailMate can put such search near save button. (I can mock an UI but I
> don't know how to publish images in mail list).

I don't think I understand this one. Note that you can change the
default custom search conditions using “Edit ▸ Find ▸ Use as
Default Search”.