[MlMt] keybinding to load external references

Sun Aug 11 05:25:25 EDT 2013

On 6 Aug 2013, at 19:24, Daniel Mann wrote:

Sorry about the late response.

> On 5 Aug 2013, at 17:38, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:
>
>> I guess this one won't change in function and it is not too badly
>> named. It is named loadImagesOnce:. I'll add
>> it to the official list.
>
> That worked perfectly. Thank you!
>
> Here's a partial list of keybindings I've added to converge behaviors
> between Gmail and FastMail.

You are most welcome to send me (updated) Gmail and FastMail key
bindings which I can include by default, but they should probably be as
“clean” as possible (not merged). I would appreciate that very much.

> Once I have all these worked out to my satisfaction I will write a
> blog post about the experience. Would you like me to send you a link
> to the post once published? (It will probably be several weeks at
> least before I write the post, though I am keeping notes along the
> way.)

Yes, I usually use Twitter to link to anything mentioning MailMate.
(Recently I also have a personal account on ADN named @bkn if anyone
wants to follow me there -- not sure how active I'm going to be.)

> So far I like MailMate enough to buy it (and just did!).

Thanks for your support!

> The Mailboxes list with combined inboxes, Archive, Drafts, Sent
> Messages, etc. is a bit different for me. I'm trying to learn to use
> them even though my usual method of email processing is per mailbox,
> not combined. Another alternative is to combine all my various
> addresses into a single mailbox (using FastMail with
> aliases/personalities) and use multiple addresses and address patterns
> in MailMate. In that case it might be nice
> to just turn off the Mailboxes group, or to use only smart mailboxes
> in that list. I wonder if that's possible?

No. The latest test version allows Smart Mailboxes to behave more like
IMAP mailboxes if they are based on only a single IMAP mailbox. This can
work a bit like IMAP mailbox aliases.

At some point I might refactor how the mailbox outline works. I'm
considering getting rid of the distinction between MAILBOXES and
SOURCES. I also want to allow the universal/standard mailbox to be
deleted/created. They are basically just special smart mailboxes using
the Submailboxes feature in the Smart Mailbox editor.

> Any rate, thanks again for your help with the keybinding, and for
> making such a powerful mail client.

Thanks for the feedback.