[MlMt] keybinding to load external references

Daniel Mann daniel.mann at terranhost.com
Tue Aug 6 13:24:29 EDT 2013

On 5 Aug 2013, at 17:38, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> I guess this one won't change in function and it is not too badly
> named. It is named loadImagesOnce:. I'll add
> it to the official list.

That worked perfectly. Thank you!

Here's a partial list of keybindings I've added to converge behaviors
between Gmail and FastMail.

- // "m"	= ( "toggleMuteState:", "archive:" ); // FIXME: Should be
'markAsMuted:' // disabled in favor of "m" for "moveToMailbox"
- "#"	= "deleteMessage:"; // seemingly overlooked in the provided Gmail
keybindings
- "@\U000D" = "send:"; // CMD+Return
- "$@\U000D" = "sendAndArchiveParent:"; // Shift+CMD+Return
- "y"	= "archive:"; // alternate keybinding ("y" also works in Gmail and
FastMail)
- "L" = "loadImagesOnce:"; // load external references (e.g. images)
once
- "m"	= "moveToMailbox:"; // "m" for move works in FastMail also

Note: I first tried CMD+Shift+Return as "@$\U000D", but the key
combination did not trigger any action. Changing the order in the
keybinding to Shift+CMD+Return ("$@\U000D") did the trick.

Once I have all these worked out to my satisfaction I will write a blog
post about the experience. Would you like me to send you a link to the
post once published? (It will probably be several weeks at least before
I write the post, though I am keeping notes along the way.)

> Thanks for trying out MailMate.

So far I like MailMate enough to buy it (and just did!). The custom
keybindings are a great feature for me, and I also really enjoy the
ability to write in Markdown with a preview window.

The Mailboxes list with combined inboxes, Archive, Drafts, Sent
Messages, etc. is a bit different for me. I'm trying to learn to use
them even though my usual method of email processing is per mailbox, not
combined. Another alternative is to combine all my various addresses
into a single mailbox (using FastMail with aliases/personalities) and
use multiple addresses and address patterns in MailMate. In that case it
might be nice to just turn off the Mailboxes group, or to use only smart
mailboxes in that list. I wonder if that's possible?

Any rate, thanks again for your help with the keybinding, and for making
such a powerful mail client.

Regards,

-Daniel Mann