[MlMt] Go To Last Message in Thread?

Thu Aug 1 12:12:44 EDT 2013

On 29 Jul 2013, at 23:45, Gustavo Daniel Villarreal wrote:

> I have been using MailMate for a few months now and love the keyboard
> access it provides, but I'm missing a way to quickly travel to the
> last message in a thread. If the last message is new, it is very easy,
> as I can go to the Next Unread, but if its Read, then the quickest way
> I've found is to go to the Root, then alt-arrow, then go to the last
> message…

Someone else also requested this (privately) not so long ago. There is
no workaround, but I've added a new action:

	lastOfThread:

It looks for the most recent message in the same thread (in the same
mailbox). That would often have the effect of jumping to the last
message of the visual thread, but if the thread is broken (missing links
in the mailbox) or if the latest message is not the visually last
message then it'll be different. If “Organize by Thread” is disabled
then it'll still jump to the most recent message in the thread.

I haven't yet decided whether this should be in the Message menu, but if
I add it then I'll probably use ⌃⌘L as a shortcut to match ⌃⌘R
for “Root of Thread”.

The above is part of the latest test release (r3594).