[MlMt] Looong delays when MailMate talks to SpamSieve

Torsten Grust torsten.grust at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 18:29:25 UTC 2012

Thanks for the immediate feedback.

On 24 Sep 2012, at 19:59, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:
> [...]
> This is exactly what has been experienced by at least one other user.
> You can see the related ticket here:
> http://freron.lighthouseapp.com/projects/58672/tickets/286

Yes, that's indeed just for what I see here.

> And I have received reports from a couple of other users which could
> be the same problem. It seems to have started a few days ago.

Same here.

> Ok, so the problem is probably not SpamSieve 2.9.5. Have you tried
> downgrading to MailMate 1.4.2 (r2818)?

I have now tried r2818 as well as r3034 (most recent beta).  Both show
the exact same erroneous behavior.

>> Where can I see MailMate talking to SpamSieve?
>
> That would be in `/Applications/Utilities/Console.app`.

Yes, I know.  Normally.  But now I do not find anything related to
MailMate<->SpamSieve communication in the logs.

I'll send you a process sample of r3034 (recorded as it hangs) in
private
e-mail.

Thanks again,
    --Torsten