[MlMt] MM as default mail client ?

Seebs mailmate-list at seebs.net
Thu Nov 8 22:32:34 UTC 2012

On 8 Nov 2012, at 16:28, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> MailMate has the same option in the General preferences pane (⌘,).
> MailMate also tells you with URL schemes are supported by the chosen
> email client. This is essentially what defines a default email client:
> Which application to open for a given URL scheme. MailMate supports
> `mailto:`, `message:`, `mid:` and `cid:`. I believe Apple Mail only
> changes the application used for the `mailto:` URL scheme. MailMate
> tries to change all of the URL schemes supported by MailMate.

Neat! I found a bug in this: If you have PREVIOUSLY set it, it still
only handles mailto: URLs. I changed it to Mail.app and back in
Mailmate, and now it says it supports all four.

While I'm at it: I selected the above paragraph, hit reply, and got a
window with the email and its quoted text two lines down from the top of
the email, and my cursor above it. Is there a setting for this behavior?
I would rather have quoted text at the top and the cursor below it.

Also, is it possible to make the header fields part of the message
display selectable? I often want to drag over the subject line or from
line, and all that I can do is, if I click on one, inadvertantly open a
search for things like that. I almost never want to do that; I very
often want to select some text.

-s