[MlMt] Let the Mail-preview show particular header-parts

Wed May 9 07:41:08 UTC 2012

On 9 May 2012, at 0:22, Bill Cole wrote:

>>> The "Source Mailbox" is available as a column in a mailbox message
>>> list: right click in the header strip of a mailbox pane to get the
>>> column selection menu.
>>

>> I'd like to see it in the preview-area though because there is not
>> enough space for that when you have two mail-adresses like:
>> firstname at longlastname.de and firstname at longlastname.net ;)
>
> Add this dictionary to the "children" array of the "logFormatting"
> dictionary  in the headersFormatting.plist file:
>
>         {
>              formatString = "${#source}";
>              prefix =                 {
>                  color = "#777777";
>                  fontStyle = bold;
>                  string = "\tSource:\t";
>              };
>          }

You may also want to combine it with a hack which is used for displaying
the source in the messages outline with the name of the source and
without the INBOX prefix for certain types of IMAP servers. Something
like this should work I believe:

		{
			prefix = {
				color = "#777777";
				fontStyle = bold;
				string = "\tSource:\t";
			};
			formatString = "${#source.path.noinbox} – ";
		},
		{
			// Hack (only works if used as a single key in a format-string).
			formatString = "${#source-name}";
		},