[MlMt] Let the Mail-preview show particular header-parts

Bill Cole mmlist-20120120 at billmail.scconsult.com
Tue May 8 22:22:32 UTC 2012

On 8 May 2012, at 16:44, Niels Kobschätzki wrote:

>>> Is there a way to show there to which imap-source a mail belongs?
>

>> The "Source Mailbox" is available as a column in a mailbox message
>> list: right click in the header strip of a mailbox pane to get the
>> column selection menu.
>

> I'd like to see it in the preview-area though because there is not
> enough space for that when you have two mail-adresses like:
> firstname at longlastname.de and firstname at longlastname.net ;)

Add this dictionary to the "children" array of the "logFormatting"
dictionary  in the headersFormatting.plist file:

            {
                 formatString = "${#source}";
                 prefix =                 {
                     color = "#777777";
                     fontStyle = bold;
                     string = "\tSource:\t";
                 };
             }

If you edit that file using the plist editor in the current XCode (which
harmlessly converts the plist to XML form) you should be able to copy
and paste this into the longFormatting:children array:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN"
"http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>formatString</key>