[MlMt] Let the Mail-preview show particular header-parts

Wed May 9 07:24:49 UTC 2012

On 9 May 2012, at 9:06, Niels Kobschätzki wrote:

> I copied it to ~/Library/Application
> Support/MailMate/Resources/Layouts/headersFormatting.plist but no
> change in the longFormatting-part shows up when I modify it. Not the
> one snippet Bill sent me, nor any other changes. I tried for example
> to change the "From:" to "Blubber:"
> I didn't delete anything from that file, just modified it (wanted to
> see if it works before cleaning it up).
>
> I edited the file with MacVim, not with the Plist-editor (installing
> XCode just for that is a bit overkill).
>
> Any ideas why MailMate apparently doesn't use my
> headersFormatting.plist?

1. You must restart MailMate (I forgot to mention that).
2. Maybe you made a mistake when editing the file and it is no longer a
valid property list (I'm afraid no error is sent to console in this
case).

For case number 2 you can use `plutil` to check the file. Just write the
following in the Terminal:

	plutil headersFormatting.plist

For me, it replies:

	headersFormatting.plist: OK