[MlMt] Let the Mail-preview show particular header-parts

Niels Kobschätzki niels at kobschaetzki.net
Wed May 9 07:06:01 UTC 2012

On 8 May 2012, at 22:37, Bill Cole wrote:

> On 8 May 2012, at 15:38, Niels Kobschätzki wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> in the default setting the preview of a mail (i.e. in the
>> widescreen-view that would be the third pane) the following
>> header-parts are shown:
>>
>> Is there a way to add a header-part like "Delivered-to"?
>
> Yes. It is not deeply documented, but as the manual
> (http://manual.mailmate-app.com/customization) says, if you have a
> file at ~/Library/Application
> Support/MailMate/Resources/Layouts/headersFormatting.plist it will be
> used instead of the default header layout, which is at
> /Applications/MailMate.app/Contents/Resources/Layouts/headersFormatting.plist.

I copied it to ~/Library/Application
Support/MailMate/Resources/Layouts/headersFormatting.plist but no change
in the longFormatting-part shows up when I modify it. Not the one
snippet Bill sent me, nor any other changes. I tried for example to
change the "From:" to "Blubber:"
I didn't delete anything from that file, just modified it (wanted to see
if it works before cleaning it up).

I edited the file with MacVim, not with the Plist-editor (installing
XCode just for that is a bit overkill).

Any ideas why MailMate apparently doesn't use my
headersFormatting.plist?

Niels