[MlMt] Delay sounds? List a Source folder under 'Mailboxes'?

Sat Jun 9 05:50:48 UTC 2012

On 5 Jun 2012, at 11:41, Joachim Tingvold wrote:

>> You must restart MailMate to make it work. Consider it a temporary
>> solution since I'm still in the process of changing how scripts and
>> commands are going to work in the future.
>
> Sure, no problem. Tried it with this email, and it seems to be working
> just fine (-:

It just occurred to me that the script is not going to work well for
messages with top posting.

>> Note that there is no way to disable the script when running into a
>> false-positive (stripping more than the signature). This is the main
>> reason that something like this is not enabled by default.
>
> Maybe one could hold down a key to avoid running the scripts in case
> one discovers a false-positive? That way we don't have to copy-paste
> the email or restart MailMate (to disable scripts). This would at
> least work for most of the events (email.reply, email.display,
> email.new).

Yes, I have considered something like that as a temporary solution, but
maybe a lack of it is a better motivation for either improving the
scripts or finishing my (many) changes of the scripting design.

> Maybe even specify an option in the scripts whether or not it should
> be disabled if this key is held down (in case you want certain scripts
> to still be executed even if the key is held down).
>
>> MailMate also includes a script for stripping mailing list banners
>> which is disabled for the same reason. You can find it in the
>> application bundle and copy it to the location above if you want to
>> try it out.
>
> I didn't find it… The closest I found was the one that strips the
> MailMan footer (or, the '----' line, at least). But I guess I can
> figure out a way to do it -- the scripts seems simple enough, so maybe
> I'll give it a shot myself.

I was thinking of the footer when I wrote banner.

> Maybe one thought could be to point 'script  =' to an external file?
> Or could you do like this[1] already? In any case; would be nice to
> avoid having to write all the newline characters if you end up with
> some more advanced scripts. Gets _a lot_ easier to read, too (-:

These scripts should be editable (in the future) within MailMate and
MailMate should then handle it for you, but until then you can make a
single-line script calling an external script (see “Canonical to
HTML.mmCommand”). That also makes it easier to test. Newlines should
be fine though, but you also need to escape the use of quotation marks
which is cumbersome.

(Sorry about the late response.)