[MlMt] Delay sounds? List a Source folder under 'Mailboxes'?

Joachim Tingvold joachim at tingvold.com
Tue Jun 5 09:41:19 UTC 2012

On 5 Jun 2012, at 7:55, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:
>> I mean the "GMT+02:00" part of the time.
> I don't see that. Try going to the “International” system
> preferences pane and see what your settings are for the time of day.
> I'm guessing it includes the time zone. I doubt that is the default
> (Norwegian?) setting, but maybe I am wrong. Do you have any idea why
> the time zone is included?

Ah, yes, that was it. It's not the default Norwegian setting, no, but I
modified it at some point to get the timezone in the reply-header ("On
xx <month>, at HH:MM GMT+02:00, <name> wrote:") in another email client.

> Using the system preferences and an appropriate width you might be
> able to get “Today HH:MM:SS”. Would that be sufficient or do you
> still prefer dates instead of Today/Yesterday? (That could be a simple
> hidden setting, but I kind of doubt a lot of people would find it
> useful.)

Actually, I think it's fine with "Today/Yesterday HH:MM". It was mainly
the "GMT+02:00"-part that bothered me, and with that solved, I guess
there's no need to replace "Today/Yesterday" with the date.

> Great. A volunteer for a future set of signature stripping scripts ;-)

:-D

> You must restart MailMate to make it work. Consider it a temporary
> solution since I'm still in the process of changing how scripts and
> commands are going to work in the future.

Sure, no problem. Tried it with this email, and it seems to be working
just fine (-:

> Note that there is no way to disable the script when running into a
> false-positive (stripping more than the signature). This is the main
> reason that something like this is not enabled by default.

Maybe one could hold down a key to avoid running the scripts in case one
discovers a false-positive? That way we don't have to copy-paste the
email or restart MailMate (to disable scripts). This would at least work
for most of the events (email.reply, email.display, email.new). Maybe
even specify an option in the scripts whether or not it should be
disabled if this key is held down (in case you want certain scripts to
still be executed even if the key is held down).

> MailMate also includes a script for stripping mailing list banners
> which is disabled for the same reason. You can find it in the
> application bundle and copy it to the location above if you want to
> try it out.

I didn't find it… The closest I found was the one that strips the
MailMan footer (or, the '----' line, at least). But I guess I can figure
out a way to do it -- the scripts seems simple enough, so maybe I'll
give it a shot myself.

Maybe one thought could be to point 'script  =' to an external file? Or
could you do like this[1] already? In any case; would be nice to avoid
having to write all the newline characters if you end up with some more
advanced scripts. Gets _a lot_ easier to read, too (-:

[1] <http://home.komsys.org/~jocke/stripSignature.mmCommand>

--
Joachim