[MlMt] Delay sounds? List a Source folder under 'Mailboxes'?

Joachim Tingvold joachim at tingvold.com
Mon Jun 4 16:50:14 UTC 2012

Hi,

After Mail.app "stopped working" in 10.6.2 (i.e. format=flowed, and a
few other changes, making it unusable on lists), I used to downgrade to
Mail.app found in 10.6.1. However, this procedure was unusable after
Lion came. Ever since I've been looking for a proper mail client.
Yesterday I stumbled upon MailMate, and so far, it seems really
promising! Good work!

So, to the questions I have;

  1) Is it possible to delay the sound it makes for new emails? You see,
I use imapfilter to sort all my email, and this often results in my mail
client getting the email in the Inbox (triggering the 'new email'
sound), and a second later, the email is gone (moved to the proper
folder). I therefore get a lot of 'new mail sound' false-positives… is
it possible to do something regarding this?

  2) Would it be possible to list all subfolders of a Source mailbox, as
subfolders of a Smart Mailbox? Or some kind of shortcut to a Source
mailbox? Basically, what I'd like to have, is a folder called 'Lists'
under Mailboxes, which is a direct shortcut (or whatever you want to
call it) to Sources/someaccount/somefolder/Lists. The latter is a folder
with a lot of subfolders, so when I expand the 'Lists' shortcut under
Mailboxes, it shows all the subfolders of
Sources/someaccount/somefolder/Lists… I'm not sure if I explained that
good enough, but hopefully you understand what I'm trying to say (-:

--
Joachim