[MlMt] Mailing lists and Mailmate

Seebs mailmate-list at seebs.net
Wed Jan 25 23:27:42 UTC 2012

On 25 Jan 2012, at 17:23, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> I agree. I use Apples NSTokenField class for the address fields and so
> far I have been unable to track drag'n'drop actions such that I could
> remove an address from a source NSTokenField. If anyone has any code
> which does something like that (for NSTokenFields) then please let me
> know. I've forgotten the ugly details, but (to me) it was a
> non-trivial problem. (The workaround is of course to use cut and copy
> instead.)

Well, it must be possible, 'cuz I think Apple Mail does it.

Cheap workaround:  If a token is dragged into a field, and you notice
that the token occurs only in one other field, of the same basic type,
you can just remove it from that field and be right 99% of the time.  Do
this only if option wasn't down for the drag and it'll look like you're
moving-or-copying the way people expect that to work, I think?

More generally, you could have a preference with a name like "only allow
a given address once in recipient fields".  At that point, adding an
address to a field implicity removes it from all others.  In practice we
probably want that anyway.

-s