[MlMt] These filters are awesome, but also confusing to me.

Wed Jan 11 09:35:26 UTC 2012

On 11 Jan 2012, at 3:44, Seebs wrote:

> If a message comes to me with X-Spam-Flag: YES, I want to
> automatically move it to junk.
>
> I can make a smart mailbox named Spam which holds all of these
> messages, but I can't seem to figure out an event that will do the
> same sort of thing.  I tried setting up an account.synchronize which
> looks for things with #source.path = 'My Spam Box', but of course this
> doesn't work because that's not really the source.
>
> I haven't yet found any documentation explaining what the options for
> filters are, so I don't know what I can or can't do; for instance, I
> don't know of a way to examine a header in a mmCommand.

I know you figured out how to do this, but for the sake of “clarity”
I have a few comments:

The `.mmCommand` files are currently the only way to make rules. It is
still not certain that I won't change the format of these files. The
only documentation is the comments in this file:

	MailMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Scripts/Strip\ MailMan\
Footer.mmCommand

(And I'm afraid those comments are not complete.)

The best way to figure out the `select` value is to setup a smart
mailbox within MailMate and then look for the corresponding `filter`
value in:

	~/Library/Application\ Support/MailMate/Mailboxes.plist

With respect to figuring out what is possible using the header
specifiers (such as `from.address.domain`) then the following may be
useful:

	MailMate.app/Contents/Frameworks/OakMIME.framework/Resources/specifiers.plist