[MlMt] OmniFocus with MailMate

Miklos Koppan mkoppan at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 17:55:43 UTC 2012

Dear Niels,
Thnax for your kind reply. What I mean is really simple. Mail.app and
Postbox both are able to do it. When I highlight a message in the inbox
(or whatever mail folder) of my email client, and choose the "Send
toOmniFocus Inbox" option, the message will be used as the basis of a
new item in omnifocus, automatically carrying forward all relevant info
about the sender, the subject of the mail, and so on, along with a link
to THAT PARTICULAR message.
So when I am in OmniFocus, and I want to check back what that particular
mail, that ignited me to create a new ToDo item in OF, was all about, I
just click on it and it opens with the corresponding mail client.
To further clarify this to you, I have created a screenshot when
creating a new item in OF generated from a message in Postbox. A second
screenshot will show you the resulting item in OF with the link back to
the corresponding message in Postbox.
I hope it helps you understanbd what I meant with that. It is really a
neat, convenient feature. I am using my emails very frequently to
generate ToDo items because I am a physician and my patients frequently
contact me over emails with requests for appointments or sending
findings for evaluations,and so on. It is really simple to use just the
email as an anchoring point to a ToDO item. SO I do not have to phrase a
lot about what I have to do with a particular item.
Please, let me know if you have any suggestions or ideas concerning this
workflow.
Sincerely yours,
Miklos Koppan

> Niels Kobschätzki <mailto:niels at kobschaetzki.net>
> December 16, 2012 3:20 PM
> What do you mean with "integration with OmniFocus"? You just said that
> you want it but now what this integration should be able to do. Maybe
> it is already possible with AppleScript or so.
>
> Niels

Miklos Koppan, M.D., Ph.D., Med. Habil.
associate professor

Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
University of Pécs, Clinical Center
Édesanyák str. 17., H-7624 Pécs, Hungary/Europe
Tel: +36 (72) 536-370 | Fax: +36 (72) 536-372
mobil: +36 20 935 6499 | email: mkoppan at gmail.com | web: www.laparo.hu