[MlMt] Show HTML source doing The Wrong Thing

Thu Dec 6 09:12:43 UTC 2012

On 6 Dec 2012, at 5:24, Seebs wrote:

> It is pretty much a safe bet that, no matter what I *do* want, "show
> me the HTML that is used internally by Mailmate to render the plain
> text part of this message, but which does not actually occur in the
> message in any way" is not it.
>
> I sometimes get mail where the sender has very carefully added an
> EMPTY plain text alternative. Which I get by default because I tend to
> prefer plain text to begin with. If I accidentally select "Show HTML
> Source" instead of "Message Body Parts -> HTML", then... Whoops! I get
> something that looks like HTML, so I might mistakenly believe there is
> actually some relationship between it and the HTML message, but which
> is not actually part of the message.

One possible solution: The “Show HTML Source” menu item is removed.
Instead it is an alternative menu item shown instead of “Show Raw
Message” when holding down ⌃, that is, the shortcut becomes
⌃⌥⌘U.

Another possible solution: It is removed completely as a menu item, but
it can still be assigned a shortcut using custom key bindings. Maybe
with a default key binding.

It is mainly useful when working on a custom stylesheet for the message
view. Probably a very low percentage of users :-)

Opinions?