[MlMt] E-mail harvest feature

Tue Dec 4 10:26:46 UTC 2012

On 4 Dec 2012, at 11:17, Alexandre Takacs wrote:

> On 4 Dec 2012, at 9:47, Benny Kjar Nielsen wrote:
>
>> I haven't tested this. Alternatively, it could just point to a real
>> empty mailbox.
>
> Thanks - that did the trick.
>
> This dynamic approach is nice but I have a use case where it simply
> drives me nuts: one user who has changed e-mail (moved from company A
> to company B). I keep sending to the wrong e-mail.
>
> As a temporary fix I have disabled this feature. I will try to move
> all "offending" addresses out of the Sent mailboxes.

To avoid moving them you could create a blacklist system as follows:

* Introduce a new tag, e.g., named BlackListed.
* Create a smart mailbox based on Sent Messages which excludes any
messages with the BlackListed tag.
* Use this smart mailbox for completions (see its UUID in
`Mailboxes.plist`).

It requires blacklisting all messages sent to the address, but they are
easily found by clicking the To header. (I think it would also be
possible to create a smart mailbox which would exclude all messages to
an address if just one message to the address is blacklisted.)

If I created a GUI feature for blacklisting individual recipients then
it would internally do something like the above.