[MlMt] Tips to make custom (thread arcs) views easier?

Mike Brasch mikebrasch at fastmail.fm
Mon Jun 6 11:54:56 UTC 2011

On 6 Jun 2011, at 9:36, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> My first thought was that this would just break the thread arcs,
> because of missing messages in the thread. But then I realized that
> there can be duplicate messages if the thread is a mailing list. Is
> this your problem? (Maybe provide a use case if it isn't.)

Normally, a mailing list sends you back your postings as normal massages
to list members. Gmail filters out your own postings, wherefore I don't
like Gmail. This behavior breaks threads on mail clients which don't
unite message boxes with send box. Generally I don't like this behavior.

> To me the thread arcs are mostly a proof-of-concept and I haven't
> really used it much myself :-)

You should… ;-)

> If you just want to exclude messages that are in your own “Sent
> Messages” mailbox then you can change the transformation used to the
> following (in the thread arcs part of the plist file):
>
> 	transformation = "($ALL_MESSAGES xor $SENT).filter(#thread-id =[c]
> $mainOutline.#thread-id)";

Yessss. This does exactly what I want.

If you have more Infos like that, please tell. :-))

--
Gruß
Mike