[MlMt] Tips to make custom (thread arcs) views easier?

Mon Jun 6 08:35:58 UTC 2011

On 5 Jun 2011, at 20:44, Mike Brasch wrote:

>> No, there is no option to do that. I guess there could be some system
>> for assigning colors to states like unread, flagged, etc. I'll think
>> about that.
>
> Oh, yes please. I think, the tool tips should also appear earlier

I have no (easy) control of the timing of tool tips, but the following
can be done for any application:

	defaults write com.freron.MailMate NSInitialToolTipDelay -int 100

The value is in milliseconds. The above is then going to show a tooltip
after 1/10 of a second. It affects all tooltips in the application
except those in NSTextViews I believe (the headers view is an
NSTextView).

You can also set the value system-wide:

	defaults write -g NSInitialToolTipDelay -int 100

> and a little bit clearly using newlines, for example:
>
> <subject><newline>
> <from>

Noted.