[MlMt] 'Default' account

Tue Jul 19 21:15:47 UTC 2011

On 18 Jul 2011, at 7:42, Igor Karpov wrote:

> Got two IMAP sources defined in MailMate, Google & Yahoo!. How to set
> my Google mail account as 'default' one? I mean this account should be
> used every time when I am starting the new letter?

Sorry, there is currently no way to do that.

> I've checked the output of `defaults read com.freron.mailmate`, but
> nothing seems to me as a good candidate for such settings. Looks
> MailMate uses some heuristics to determine which account to use...

Yes, MailMate uses a heuristic based on the currently selected message
(or the currently selected mailbox). The next update of MailMate is a
bit better when replying to messages, but for new messages it is still
the same. I'll think about how this can be improved.

For the record, the next update of MailMate has a debug variable which
provides a bit of additional information (in the console) when deriving
the identity used for replies or new messages:

	defaults write com.freron.mailmate MmDebugDerivedIdentity -bool yes