[MlMt] MailMate crashes on launch

Wed Mar 17 10:50:52 UTC 2010

On 17 Mar 2010, at 9:36, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> Thanks! It is caused by a bug in my code for reading Thunderbird
> preference files. Naturally, it should not crash and I'll review the
> code in a moment.

The problem should be fixed now. My parser would fail if something was
used as both key and dictionary. Thunderbird preferences are simple
key-value pairs using '.' to provide a hierarchy for the keys. Here is a
very simple example:

	user_pref("one", "value");
	user_pref("one.two", "value");
	user_pref("one.three", "value");

My code tries (essentially) to convert it into an NSDictionary, but it
would fail in the above example since 'one' would need to be both a key
for a string and a dictionary. My current solution is to prefer
dictionary over string.

I would still like to see the lines in your Thunderbird preferences
which triggered the bug.