[MlMt] MailMate crashes on launch

Wed Mar 17 08:36:53 UTC 2010

On 17 Mar 2010, at 1:12, Christoph Lukas wrote:

> I downloaded the latest beta of MailMate, but it keeps crashing on > launch.
> The main window spawns for a second, I can move it around but can't > use any UI elements.
>
> I've attached the OS X generated crash-report.

Thanks! It is caused by a bug in my code for reading Thunderbird preference files. Naturally, it should not crash and I'll review the code in a moment.

> How can I make it work?

You can either wait for the next beta where I expect to have fixed the problem or you can temporarily move/rename your Thunderbird Preferences folder. It is located in:

	~/Library/Thunderbird

MailMate reads files such as (based on entries in Profiles.ini):

	~/Library/Thunderbird/Profiles/z8cwzc0i.default/prefs.js

The 'z8cwzc0i'-part is a random string.

It would be helpful if you send me your prefs.js file(s). If you do, then remember to send it off-list and anonymize anything you do not want
me to see (the files do *not* contain any passwords).

And thanks for sending the first message to this list :-)