[MlMt] Check for Test Build

Henry Seiden info at techworkspro.com
Mon Mar 4 10:17:40 EST 2024

Hi Verdon,

This is a long standing reason that the developer Benny does not want to
return to previous versioning methods. Contact him for a historical
reasoning of why.

There are three ways to check in MailMate for new builds of what used t
be varying types, but not the latest. You spoke of two (MailMate
Menu>check for new builds, ⌥ + Check for New Builds).

There is also from the Menu>Mailmate>Settings…>Software Update.
Unfortunately, none of these will show you ALL the versions available.

The [Archive web site](https://updates.mailmate-app.com/archives/) has
every single version of M-M including the latest “Experimental
Builds” and what I use as a relevant reference. The current version
shown there is the release you apparently have found for the LKV (last
known version, 1.14, r6024.

It was published to the site dated 26FEB2024. They’ve been coming out
regularly, sometimes a few days apart. I have a feeling therefore that a
we’re due for a new one soon. So look there.

Hopefully when Benny decides to move to a Test Build/Prelease/Release
format of builds, then the updates will fit in to the previous plans.
Meanwhile the suggestion was made here to use the archive for latest
builds of a more experimental nature for the interim. Does that fill in
the holes of the release numbering?

Respectfully,

Henry Seiden
- -