[MlMt] Colored Messages: Styles.plist being ignored

Eric Sharakan esharakan at mac.com
Tue Jan 30 17:58:10 EST 2024

On 30 Jan 2024, at 17:33, Bill Cole wrote:

> On 2024-01-30 at 14:32:34 UTC-0500 (Tue, 30 Jan 2024 20:32:34 +0100)
> Sven Klages <mailmate at lists.freron.com>
> is rumored to have said:
>
> [...]
>> When using smart mailboxes as proposed in the comments of your bug report, I do have one type/color per smart folder, that’s not the same … did I get it right?
>
> Yes, but I think that you are missing the fact that you can create a smart mailbox aggregating the messages of other (colored-message) smart mailboxes. The messages keep the color assigned by the parent mailbox.

Right, all you need to do is create smart mailboxes containing the conditions you want for coloring the messages. Then, use the Mailbox->Color submenu to choose a color for that mailbox, and also select "Use Color in Message List". Your chosen color will be applied not only to the messages in your smart mailbox, but also to the original messages, wherever they reside.

It's totally flexible and has been working great for me.

-Eric