[MlMt] Problems with Outlook (Microsoft Windows Live) email sources?

Henry Seiden info at techworkspro.com
Thu Jan 25 17:09:05 EST 2024

John, et al:

After some digging and an hour wasted with Windows Support (who tried
desperately to sell me on Windows Live) which they apparently converted
me to unknowingly, even though I don’t have a subscription, HA!
Here’s what I found:

* The previous existing IMAP server (imap-mail.outlook.com) may work but
be flaky in some environments. It is listed in the basic outlook
settings, still.
* The definitive setting (in my case, without outlook app) in MM and
Mail are the settings [from this
page](https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/office/pop-imap-and-smtp-settings-for-outlook-com-d088b986-291d-42b8-9564-9c414e2aa040).
* These are not part of MM auto-configuration, nor the MacOS Internet
Account auto-configure, so proceed at your own risk. I used these
settings manually in MM to achieve a reliable server connection, one
that doesn’t continually re-quest a password or deliver a failure to
connect such as I experienced.
* If you have actually got Windows Live apps installed on your Mac, you
should automatically get these setting ported to you (this is according
to my goofy friend and I don’t so YMMV.
* The New Outlook wraps up all or many cloud accounts (including iCloud
into the Windows Cloud and so incorporates everything there. Good Luck!

Anyway, I think I’m good, for now. Also set up Web Mail in Outlook,
which brings in more adware, BTW. Not planning to use it anymore. They
offer an ad-free version $$. Things are changing at M$. Caveat Emptor.

Respectfully,

Henry Seiden
- -
Techworks Pro Co.