[MlMt] Customising Mailbox Headers

Malcolm Fitzgerald mailmate at businessdatasystems.co.nz
Tue Feb 27 13:33:18 EST 2024

>> On 16 Feb 2024, at 8:47, Malcolm Fitzgerald wrote:
>>
>> [...] Because no header is displayed, (and there don't seem to be any menu items that allow me to manage that either,) then we cannot add the columns we would like to have displayed in the mailbox.
>
>  On 27 Feb 2024, at 23:59, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:
>
> When this happens, you'll still have the “View > Columns > ...” menu available. You can use this to add a second column (and thereby get the header row back).

Yes. I found that menu a day or two later - the way they hide when you want them is amazing. I was surprised that the header disappeared. I've been thinking about that behaviour since. I can see that there is less need to describe the content of the column. However, actions like sorting are often embedded into the column header. Also the ability to modify the columns on display, which is the functionality that I wanted. I also think that retaining the column header provides consistency, and that is assuring for the user.

thanks again for producing great software,

Malcolm