[MlMt] How to reliably move incoming messages to separate mailboxes?

Pierre Igot mailmate at latext.com
Thu Nov 9 12:51:35 EST 2023

Hi Sebastian,

On 9 Nov 2023, at 9:22, Sebastian Hagedorn wrote:

> On 9 Nov 2023, at 14:16, Pierre Igot wrote:
>
>> I just tried it with one smart mailbox and it does work! So now I just need to convert all my inbox rules to smart mailbox rules and I’ll be good to go. I’ll have to live with a rather long list of smart mailboxes visible at all times at the bottom of my inboxes, but I guess it’s a small price to pay.
>
> FWIW, I found you can keep the smart mailboxes in a folder so they’re not always visible.

Interesting. However, my smart mailboxes are all under Mailboxes › Inbox and I don’t see a way to creae a new folder there. I don’t know where else I should/could put them and I don’t really want to break anything.

I see a folder called “Examples” under Mailboxes, so maybe there is a way to create another folder at the top level under Mailboxes, but, again, I don’t see how. (The “New IMAP Mailbox…” command is disabled in all these contexts.)

I *could* try moving my smart mailboxes to other places (in that “Examples” folder, for example, or in a folder under one of my Sources) to see what happens, but like I said, I don’t want to break anything and I’d rather get the proper advice before trying anything.

TIA

Pierre

--
LATEXT: Literature, music and visuals / Littérature, musique et graphisme - www.latext.com