[MlMt] Cannot reply to a signed mail

Bill Cole mmlist-20120120 at billmail.scconsult.com
Wed Jun 28 11:54:08 EDT 2023

On 2023-06-28 at 10:38:33 UTC-0400 (Wed, 28 Jun 2023 16:38:33 +0200)
Oliver Groschopp <mailmate at lists.freron.com>
is rumored to have said:

> When I try to reply to a signed mail, I get the following error
> message in red:

> OpenPGP message“
>
> with the following note:
>
> „Suggestion	Please verify that you have installed the “gpg”
> command as required by MailMate.“
>
> No matter what I do, I cannot reply to the mail!
>
> What now?

That is a result of replying to a message that is signed or encrypted
with OpenPGP, with your Preferences set to automatically encrypt and/or
sign when replying to encrypted and/or signed messages. That is set in
the Preferences->Security pane, with the 2 checkboxes at the bottom.

If you don't have MacGPG (https://gpgtools.org) installed (and don't
otherwise have a GnuPG installation that you expect to work,) you can
disable that generally. For any individual message, you can switch
signing and encryption on and off using the little icons in the toolbar
of the compose window as shown in the attached images.

--
Bill Cole
bill at scconsult.com or billcole at apache.org
Not Currently Available For Hire