[MlMt] There's a NEW official Test Version (6015)

Sat Dec 23 05:07:23 EST 2023

On 23 Dec 2023, at 10:15, mailmate--- via mailmate wrote:

> The built-in updater does not allow me to get r61015, it reports
>
>>  5673 is the latest version available. You have version 6014.

You need to hold down ⌥ when clicking “Check Now” in the Software
Update preferences pane to look for test releases. The r6015 release is
the first one on that branch for quite some time. Before that, it was
only possible to get the cutting edge releases by directly downloading
them from the server. This was intentional since some users had
persistent issues with some of the (major) changes/optimizations I had
done a while ago.

I expect more "regular" test releases now and hopefully also a beta
release soon. (Well, not much will happen in the next few days.)

> On 22 Dec 2023, at 21:03, Bill Cole wrote:
>
>> This is possibly just Benny getting tired of pointing people at the
>> various not-yet-test builds, but the built-in updater will now get
>> you r6015, which has been stable for me on exactly one Big Sur
>> machine for about an hour. The previous few builds have been stable
>> *for me* for a combined ~2 weeks without MM crashing or behaving in
>> grossly poor ways.

That's good to know. Based on the crash reports sent by MailMate itself,
it appears to be quite stable (I've only received 1 crash report).

>> And I *THINK* that the superannuated breakage in layout preservation
>> may have been finally gone away.

I'm afraid it might just be more rare :)