[MlMt] From "XXX via mailmate"

John Cooper mailmate2 at coopercontent.com
Tue Dec 19 14:42:42 EST 2023

Antonio Leding wrote (at 10:56 AM on Tuesday, December 19, 2023):

> 1) What does “XXX via mailmate” mean?
>
> 2) Why does it need to change?
>
> On 19 Dec 2023, at 4:42, MM_Arc via mailmate wrote:
>
>> I notice that some posts on the list have the format “XXX via
>> mailmate” and others don’t.
>>
>> I’m trying to figure out the reason why and how this can be
>> changed.

Antonio,

"XXX" is a placeholder. If you gather messages to the MailMate list
together, you'll see that the From field for some of them is the name of
the sender, together with sender's personal address. Others have the
name of the sender with "via mailmate" appended, together with the list
address. Marc is trying to figure out why. He may have a task-related
reason for that, or he may simply want to know in order to better
understand MailMate and mail systems in general. Why does it matter to
you?

I don't know the answer, but I wonder if it has something to do with
people who send to the list via the web page versus their personal
instance of MailMate.