[MlMt] Archive and Trash not syncing on a fresh install

Henry Seiden info at techworkspro.com
Sun Dec 17 10:33:30 EST 2023

Claudia,

Thanks for filling the details. Think I got you now.

Maybe it would be easier, then, to have a look at your source mailbox
assignments in MM on each of your IMAP accounts to be sure that the
folders for Trash and Archive are designated as such in MM. Inbox and
outbox are usually defaults and I guess are working as expected. In my
case I assign a yearly folder for archive purposes, so the common folder
in MM Called Archive can gather all together in that Smart Folder by
default.

I do nothing further to achieve these common folders in MM: InBox, Sent
Messages, Junk, Deleted Messages. Yours probably have been somehow reset
for those two folders in several accounts, at least.

Have a look in your Sources list of mailboxes - click the ‘>’ and
select one mailbox (probably either Archive, Trash/Deleted messages  or
what ever mailbox you choose to be those function on the account). Right
click (CTL + click) the name of the mailbox to change, scroll in the
popup list to Mailbox Type. Make sure the checkmark is set to Archive if
not then click it.

Rinse and repeat for the appropriate mailboxes in each account.

Respectfully,

Henry Seiden
- -
Techworks Pro Co.