[MlMt] Blocked images

Thu Dec 7 13:26:53 EST 2023

On 4 Dec 2023, at 16:13, William Allen wrote:

> I appreciate the fact that MM blocks the images embedded in emails
> since that is obviously a privacy concern. I also appreciate the fact
> that I can click on an image from a trusted correspondent to see it.
> My issue is that in newsletters that I get from certain trusted
> sources I can’t see the images at all. This isn’t true of all, so
> it isn’t that they’re all blocked but some are that I’d like to
> have access to. Any ideas?

It's likely because MailMate fails to detect these images within the
HTML (there is a ridiculous number of ways to include images in HTML).
Whenever this happens then the images are *not* fetched (otherwise this
would be a way to circumvent the image blocking in MailMate).

The latest upload “fixes” an issue with emails using a deprecated
HTML attribute to display images (reported by another user). If this
doesn't help in your case then see if you can find an example email to
send me via “Help > Send Feedback”.

Here's a direct download for testing:
[MailMate_r6009.tbz](http://updates.mailmate-app.com/archives/MailMate_r6009.tbz)