[MlMt] Tags / Label funkyness with Gmail

Joshua Kehn josh at kehn.us
Mon Jan 6 00:05:47 EST 2014

I'm using Gmail. No, it wasn't my choice.

I'm having an issue creating new tags or labels. Currently my gmail
accounts return this:

S: H11 BAD Invalid Arguments: Label name is not allowed: todos
Error: Server response: “H11 BAD Invalid Arguments: Label name is not
allowed: todos”.

Here's how I've setup tags: http://l.kehn.io/image/031o0k112x0i

That \ before the IMAP keyword is something I tried because I saw other
keywords had that. I'm not exactly a power IMAP user yet so I will be
making some mistakes here.

Question is, why is that label name not allowed, why isn't it using the
Gmail label instead, and what can I do to fix this?

Thanks,

-Josh