[MlMt] layout bug

Erik Mueller-Harder edmh2011 at erikmh.org
Sat Apr 27 13:40:52 EDT 2013

Hi, Benny —

Only yesterday, Michal Hruska wrote:

>> 1) I use widescreen layout with hidden toolbar. If I also hide
>> mailboxes (View - Layout - Hide mailboxes) and quit the program, when
>> I  start it again the list of mailboxes takes the whole program
>> window, there is neither list of messages nor message preview. Is it
>> a bug or am I missing something?

To which you responded this morning:

> I've tried to fix this in the latest test version of MailMate (r3361).
> It should also work when switching between layouts. Hold down ⌥ when
> clicking “Check Now” in the Software Update preferences pane to
> fetch it.

This is a dramatic improvement here, in that the (unwanted) mailbox
listing no longer occupies the entire window when MailMate is
relaunched; however, the browser still does not honor the “Hide
Mailboxes” state upon relaunch:  if the mailbox list was hidden, it
becomes visible upon relaunch (albeit with a much more appropriate
amount of real estate!).

> Off topic: The test version also includes support for a live preview
> in the composer which could be useful for Markdown users. The preview
> can be
> enabled/disabled in the “View ▸ Layout” menu as well.

I’m using this now.  Very, very nice!  :-)

Thanks,

— Erik