[MlMt] messages not actually moving to Trash/Deleted

Jason Davies ophiochoslists at gmail.com
Tue May 28 10:05:34 EDT 2024

Hi folks,

I have MailMate running on two machines (rarely at the same time), a Mac
Mini (MMini) and a Macbook Pro (MBP). Both run the latest version of
Mailmate (Version 1.14 (5937). I also use Preside for iOS on a phone and
iPad.

It's taken me a while to understand what is going on but I suspect I'm
still missing some details. Uniquely on the MMini, if I delete a
message, it *appears* to move to the Deleted Items folder. No other
device registers this move, however. It remains in the inbox
indefinitely on all other devices.

If I delete something on the MBP, it appears to move to Deleted Items
and *does* register on iOS.

If I move items via Move..., they *do* register as moving out of the
inbox, unless it is to Deleted Items. 'Delete immediately' *does* remove
it (but I don't want to use that very often).

Basically, if I delete something from Mailmate on the MMini, it only
appears to be deleted, and I end up deleting it via another device.

Any suggestions about how to fix this? It sounds simple but has taken
far too long to diagnose;)

Cheers,

Jason