[MlMt] Positioning of content in Mailboxes and header panes

Eric Sharakan esharakan at mac.com
Wed Jul 17 08:04:25 EDT 2024

Hi Benny and others, for quite a few test releases now, I've noticed two
minor issues with how the Mailboxes and message header pane views are
managed (I use the "Thread Arcs" layout):

- When starting MM, it remembers the selected mailbox from the last run
(which is fine), but it puts that mailbox at the top of the mailbox
pane, hiding any mailboxes above it.  Previously, it would restore not
only the selected mailbox, but the overall position of it in the Mailbox
pane.

- When reading email, when the selected message in the header pane gets
to the bottom of the pane, MM used to automatically move that to the
center of the pane, allowing me to see a few of the newer messages (I
sort on Date Received, such that newer messages are below older ones).
This has not been working for some time.

Are these known issues?  Is there some way to restore the previous
behavior?

Thanks.

-Eric