[MlMt] Smart Mailbox for Attachment type/sub-type?

Scott mailmate at howyagoin.net
Mon Jul 8 18:53:48 EDT 2024

Hi,

I may be missing something obvious here - I'm trying to create a Smart Mailbox which automatically creates within it sub-folders created for Mime Subtypes.

I've created the Smart Mailbox which looks at a specific IMAP folder or folders, and has a Condition of Attachment Count more than or equal to 1.

From there, I went to the next panel and selected the option of:

 Submailbox for each unique value of  [ Dropdown Menu ]

And from the Dropdown tried Content-Type -> Subtype, but, this only seems to match the first MIME type in a message, leaving sub-mailboxes for "Mixed", "Other", "Signed", "Related" (even though I've selected the All Body Parts option).

What I was hoping for was a series of Smart Mailboxes which gave me access to all messages which had attachments which were PDF as one sub-mailbox, PNG for another, and so on and so forth.

Atch

|--PNG
|--PDF
|--ICS

Etc.

I can manually create this by making a lot of individual Smart Mailbox rules and setting a Condition that matches the option of "All Body Parts" and then a specific condition to match each sub-type that I may want a folder for, but, that's a bit time consuming and I was hoping for the magic of Smart.

Am I missing something, or is the manual route the only option for now?

Thanks,

Scott